You are here
You Can Do I.T. On Your Own
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Ahren Sievers
- Are you the only person assigned to IT in your library building?
- Are you really “accidental IT staff”?
- Would you like to tips and tricks to help manage your library technology more efficiently and effectively?
In this webinar, you’ll get tips, tricks, and advice for libraries with minimal information technology staff and a shoe-string budget, and see demonstrations of some great products and services that will make managing your library's computers easier, more efficient, and more secure. We'll discuss great opportunities to replace computers with less expensive iPads, places for awesome deals on hardware and software, and best practices for offsite backup. Get your library's IT whipped into shape without breaking the bank!
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will know how to:
- Evaluate and use Note-taking apps
- Clean up, organize and control email
- Create an equipment and network inventory
- Evaluate cloud-based back-up and remote desktop products and services
- Substitute Raspberry Pi for computers and create less expensive digital signs
This webinar will be of interest to library staff in charge of technology with limited budget/IT staff.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Computer skills & software