You are here
Ten (or so) Tips on Grants, LSTA and Making a Successful Pitch…
An Infopeople Webinar
- Are you ready for the next round of the LSTA “Pitch an Idea” grant cycle?
- Do you know what are some essential items that must be a part of a successful “pitch”?
- Are you ready to answer the questions that the State Library consultants are going to ask about your proposed project?
Since the inception of the LSTA “pitch” process, the Rancho Cucamonga Public Library has successfully pitched 9 grants worth over $420,000. Rancho Cucamonga Library Director Robert Karatsu and Assistant Library Director (and 2013 Library Journal Mover and Shaker!) Michelle Perera will share some of the techniques, tips and a couple of secrets they have used to successful apply for and “pitch” their ideas.
Darla Gunning, California State Library Programs Administrator, will also be participating in this webinar to answer any questions you may have specifically for the State Library on the “pitch” process.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Learn the technique of “visualizing success” that the Rancho Cucamonga Public Library applies to the “pitch” process.
- Learn at least three essential actions that should be done in preparation for doing your “pitch”.
- Be more prepared to answer the tough questions that the California State Library consultants *will* ask you after you do your pitch.
This webinar will be of interest to any library staff who will be participating in the next round of the LSTA “Pitch and Idea” grant cycle or who are interested in learning more about the LSTA grant process.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar within 30 of the start of the event. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. If you did not preregister and you can register in the 30 minutes prior to the event and directly enter.
- Chat: pdf [64kb]