You are here
Many Paths to Conversation: techniques for successful ESL clubs
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
- Are you interested in new ways to serve the immigrants in your community?
- Would you like to have fun and build strong relationships with your patrons?
- Are you interested in attending the best potluck ever?
ESL (English as a Second Language) Conversation Clubs are simple and inexpensive programs that make a big impact. In just an hour a week, you can create lasting connections between people, the library and your community.
Staff from three different public libraries will share their best practices, presenting a range of styles and activities that can be adapted to meet your community’s needs.
At the end of this one hour webinar, attendees will:
- Have at least three new ideas for activities to do at an ESL club
- Feel comfortable starting a new ESL Club
- Gain understanding of the different ways an ESL Club may be structured
- Identify potential volunteers and attendees, and understand how to reach them
This webinar will be of interest to library staff members considering starting or improving an ESL Conversation Club. The primary focus of this webinar is on public libraries, but any library interested in forming a group will find helpful tips and ideas.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.
Keywords: Adult services, ESL programs and services, Programming