You are here
Informational Books for Storytime
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Penny Peck
Would you like to include more informational or nonfiction books in your storytimes? In recent years, the number of simple informational books being published has increased. Storytimes offer a great opportunity to show parents and caregivers that these are great books to read aloud to children, and not just for homework. Additionally, since even kindergarteners listen to informational books in their classrooms, including them in storytimes can be a great first step in showing how fun and interesting these books can be.
Join esteemed children’s librarian and author Penny Peck as she shares:
- Why and how to incorporate informational books into storytime, including concept books
- Titles of new informational books to use at storytimes
- How to pair storybooks to informational books on the same topic, with related activities
- Simple informational books related to the 2017 summer reading themes of “Build a Better World” and “Reading by Design”
This webinar will be of interest to: Any library staff member who provides storytime programs to children. This webinar is particularly valuable for staff whose work includes children’s services responsibilities at public libraries and elementary schools.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Chat: pdf [79kb]