You are here
Book Tasting in the Library: A recipe for reading
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Angela Maxwell, MLIS
- Are you looking for a fun way increase reading engagement with your library users, particularly teens and youth?
- Do you want a novel way to present new releases, non-fiction, digital or database content?
- Do you want to encourage engagement with the collection or highlight a particular format, genre, or topic with your library users?
Hosting a book tasting might be the answer you need to increase engagement with your collection, collaborate with another local librarian, or answer a research question. Book tasting events engage users in a curated collection using a 30-60-minute restaurant themed event.
In this webinar, presenter Angela Maxwell will share examples of multiple book tasting events targeted at a teen audience. Attendees will have access to templates, as well as free online tools to implement their own book tasting event.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand why and how book tasting will work to increase engagement with the library collection.
- Identify a target audience and purpose for their own book tasting.
- Take away sample book tasting materials including Goodreads booklists, Book tasting menus, slideshow template, supply lists, and more.
- Be able to create a book tasting event from start to finish.
This webinar will be of interest to: public, academic, and school librarians, particularly those staff that work with youth, promote reading initiatives, or assist with reference and research needs.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on this page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
To check your system's compatibility with GoTo Webinar and/or download software for your computer/tablet/smartphone, see this page.