You are here
Getting Started: Laying the Groundwork for New Family Literacy Programming
A California Library Literacy Services Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 10 AM, Mountain - 11 AM, Central - 12 PM, Eastern - 1 PM
Natalie Cole, Library Programs Consultant, California State Library
Amy Prevedel, Independent Literacy Contractor
Kelly Tyler, Managing Librarian, Office of Education and Literacy, Los Angeles Public Library
So, you've got the exciting opportunity to provide new family literacy programming! How do you even get started? In this webinar you'll take away tools you can use to find answers to this question, within your program and library, and outside of your library, too. In this workshop:
- You'll learn strategies to elicit opinions from adult learners you already serve that can guide you into what comes next in family literacy programming.
- You can see the powerful impact that strong relationships within your library can have on what your program can achieve.
- You can find out how to look at the communities outside of your library through an aspirational lens to inform relevant, useful programming.
- You'll get pointed in the direction of available resources that are free and for purchase.
- And, you can get answers to any lingering questions you might have about the nuts and bolts of the grant requirements.
The presenters look forward to welcoming you – and your ideas, opinions and questions – to this "Getting Started" webinar!
This webinar will be of interest to: the California Library Literacy community, especially literacy program staff people who will offer literacy programming with new CLLS funds.
If you are unable to attend the live event, you can access the archived version the day following the webinar. Check our archive listing at: http://infopeople.org/training/view/webinar/archived
CLLS Family Literacy Webinar Series
About CLLS Family Literacy Webinars: You asked. We listened! From now through June, Family Literacy training webinars for CLLS library literacy program staff will be offered on a monthly basis. Webinars will run from 10:00-11:00 a.m. on various days of the week. They will feature your library literacy colleagues/fellow experts from around the state and you—sharing research, tools, experience, and of course, brilliant ideas. With your input, insights, and questions we look forward to many rich e-discussions!
Literacy Initiatives project is supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on this page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
To check your system's compatibility with GoTo Webinar and/or download software for your computer/tablet/smartphone, see this page.
Keywords: literacy, family literacy