You are here
Using Smartphones as a Marketing & Programming Tool: The Future Is Mobile
An Infopeople Webinar
Presenter: Patric Stillman
- What is a smartphone and what makes it smart?
- How can I use it for making my library marketing and programming smarter?
- How are libraries using smartphones?
- What do I do to get started?
Smartphones are quickly becoming the number one resource for American’s to access the information they need. With the proliferation of technology advances, it’s not always easy to keep up with the latest trends or understand how to master the technology to use it effectively and efficiently. This webinar will focus on the use of smartphones and its application to the library’s marketing and programming needs. This one-hour webinar will:
- Present an overview of smartphone basics
- Review specific marketing opportunities that you can incorporate in your work
- Identify how to make your programming smart through media and technology
- Demonstrate how one library blended marketing and programming through their teen center
- Receive online resources that can assist you with next steps
By the end of this webinar you’ll have the basic knowledge needed to move forward in utilizing smartphones in your marketing efforts and programming that will engage your community.
This webinar will be of interest to library staff involved with marketing, programming and teen projects who are looking for new ways to connect with their community.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
- 7 Tools to Create a Mobile Library Website: pdf [467kb]
- 40 Cool Ways To Leverage Socia Media: pdf [2.3mb]
- eBook Reader: pdf [664kb]
- LTC_2010_Mobile Info & Resources_List: pdf [152kb]
- M-Libraries wiki: pdf [180kb]
- No Shelf Required ALA Book Review: pdf [139kb]
- Pew Internet Smart Phone Adoption and Usage: pdf [1.1mb]
Top 30 Library iPhone Apps: pdf [987kb]