You are here
What’s New in Young Adult Literature 2014
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Michael Cart
- Do you know the latest trends in Young Adult literature are?
- Looking for emerging authors?
- Need a list of the latest “hot” YA books?
- Want recommendations for the best adult books for YAs?
The world of young adult literature is a dramatically dynamic one that, in the last decade, has become among the most vibrantly active in all of publishing. Each publishing season brings a plethora of new titles, new forms, and new formats, many of which require new methods of evaluation.
Keeping up with all these changes and the over 5,000 new titles flooding the market each year can be a full-time job. This webinar will help you identify new trends and know the best new titles for your collection development.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be familiar with current:
- Trends informing the dynamic world of YA literature and publishing
- New YA fiction – both novels of realism and genre fiction – that comprises “first purchases” for YA collections
- Non-fiction for both recreational and classroom use
- Graphic novels and comics
- Adult books for young adults and New Adults
This webinar will be of interest to both public and school library staff with young adult collection development responsibilities.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Collection development, Young adult services