You are here
LibraryBox Project: an Update
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Jason Griffey
Has your library ever wanted to use digital files to promote services, deliver educational materials, or actually share library materials directly in schools, farmer’s markets, around campus, or just on the street?
LibraryBox is an inexpensive portable way to take library content out into your communities and directly to your users. A battery-powered file server, LibraryBox can be used to deliver eBooks, PDFs, music, movies, or any other digital file anywhere you wish to reach out to users, even in places where there is no Internet or cellular signal. In November, LibraryBox will release version 2.1, which adds a lot of functionality and features to the project. Come learn what’s new, and what the potential is for this inexpensive tool.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand the potential for the LibraryBox as a platform
- Know how to build their own LibraryBox for use
- Learn the latest features recently incorporated into LibraryBox
- Be aware of how to customize a LibraryBox for your own Library
- Learn how to manage advanced aspects of the LibraryBox, like remote updating
This webinar will be of interest to library staff who interested in digital distribution of materials to non-library locations.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Chat: pdf [41kb]