You are here
The California Digital Newspaper Collection: an introduction
A California State Library Webinar
PLEASE NOTE: This webinar is California-specific, although others may find it of interest. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Brian Geiger
- Is your California library considering a newspaper digitization project?
If so, the California Digital Newspaper Collection (CDNC) is a very import resource for you.
Join Brian Geiger, Director of the Center for Bibliographic Studies and Research at the University of California, Riverside and manager of a number of digitization and digital humanities projects, including the CDNC, for this introduction and explanation of the project.
In this one-hour webinar, you will know about:
- The CDNC and its high value for researchers and library practitioners
- The free professional consultation services that the CDNC offers to California libraries and other “memory” institutions
- How you can collaborate with the CDNC to digitize and make your newspapers available online.
This webinar will be of interest to staff in all types of California libraries involved in research and digitization projects.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Digitization, Outreach