You are here
Libraries That Lend “Things”
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
If your library can lend books, why not:
- Telescopes and microscopes?
- Synthesizers or spinning wheels?
- Or even replica dinosaur bones?
A chief strength of libraries is making knowledge accessible through the lending of physical objects. Join us for an interactive discussion on building a circulating collection of objects for your library. Together we will explore how to select the tools needed by your community. We will also examine how partnerships with local organizations and events can help raise awareness of your tools collection.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Identify a starting point for developing a circulating tools collection.
- Define community needs and potential partners.
- Recognize ways to promote user interaction with your new collection through local and library events.
This webinar will be of interest to staff at any type of library with an interest in developing object lending collections.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Chat: pdf [76kb]