You are here
Born Reading: Bringing Up Bookworms in a Digital Age
An Infopeople Webinar
- Looking for ways to show users how to share books and apps more effectively with young readers?
- Need ways to help users prepare their children for Common Core “English Language Arts” standards?
- Want ideas to help users apply engaging reading techniques across books, apps, movies and other media?
Author Jason Boog explores a set of interactive reading techniques that can help parents and caregivers to increase a child’s intellectual development. These techniques make any media experience more engaging, especially traditionally passive activities like TV watching or digital device usage.
This webinar will also show how these techniques prepare young readers for the new Common Core standards.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Learn 5 interactive reading techniques and apply the technique to one particular kind of media: a children’s book, audiobook, app, TV show or movie.
- Learn 5 key Common Core “English Language Arts” standards for kindergarten and first grade students.
- Using 2 exemplary Common Core texts, connect interactive reading techniques to relevant skills within the Common Core “English Language Arts” requirements.
- Learn how to share 5 interactive reading techniques with parents and caregivers, connecting these skills to Common Core requirements.
- Define “informational” reading with one book and one app, applying interactive reading techniques to this key section of the Common Core requirements.
This webinar will be of interest to public and school library staff that offer services to toddlers and children and those involved with outreach and extension services.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Bibliography doc [34kb] - pdf [103kb]
- Born Reading Playbook pdf [69kb]
- Common Core First Grade Tasks pdf [46kb]
- Common Core Kindergarten Tasks pdf [43kb]
- Great Interactive Apps and eBooks pdf [43kb]
- Great Interactive Print Books pdf [46kb]
- Informational and Nonfiction Reading Recommendations pdf [69kb]
Keywords: Children's services, Early literacy