You are here
New Books for Storytime
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Penny Peck
Are you looking for new picture books to offer at your storytimes? Storytimes are one of the most popular and consistent library programs offered by libraries, yet we often feature the "tried and true" books we have used for years. In this webinar Penny Peck will focus on new picture books that will engage the storytime audience. We will look at: books that invite audience participation, books the promote the five parent practices (talking, singing, writing, playing, and reading), books based on songs and nursery rhymes, books that promote preliteracy skills and kindergarten readiness, and websites useful to storytime planning.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will have learned about many new books that can be included in storytimes, including:
- Cumulative, circular, sing-along, and audience participation books that enliven storytimes
- Books that promote the Five Parent Practices to add parent learning to your storytimes
- Books that promote preliteracy skills and kindergarten readiness, with ideas for related hands-on activities
- Books that reflect the diversity of the families we serve
This webinar will be of interest to: Any library staff member who provides storytime programs to children, including new children's librarians or other library staff who are relatively new to serving children. This webinar is particularly valuable for support staff whose work includes children's services responsibilities at public libraries and elementary schools.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.
- Chat: pdf [110kb]
Keywords: Children's services, Programming, Reader's advisory