You are here
Making Data More Powerful
A California State Library Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Carolyn Brooks, Library Services Manager, El Dorado County Library
This webinar is California-specific, although others may find it of interest. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Does the data you collect provide the meaningful information you need to design and deliver your library services, and satisfy your funders' needs?
- Do you want to capture not just the number of visits, but the unique number of individual users your library serves?
- Do you want the ability to track other key metrics across programs and services?
This webinar will introduce a newly designed, Cloud-based, open-source, and inexpensive program for data collection that enables libraries to track unduplicated counts and other unique key metrics. It was developed and piloted by the El Dorado County Library and will be available for any interested library wishing to customize it for their own data collection purposes, as part of a California State Library toolkit to be released in December 2016. The User Interface is easy to use and is professionally developed. Multiple levels of user access allow data manipulation and preservation within the system without compromising data integrity. Please join us to learn more.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand the unique data collection capabilities of this open-source software and the needed infrastructure requirements to support it.
- Determine if this software program can fulfill their data collection needs.
- Be inspired to think about data in a new way.
This webinar will be of interest to: all library staff interested in or responsible for data collection and utilization.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Chat: pdf [22kb]