You are here
What's New in Children's Literature – 2017
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Penny Peck
Join esteemed children’s librarian and author Penny Peck in her yearly review of what’s new in children’s literature. Discover new books published in late 2016 and Spring 2017 that will be popular with children ages 0-12, including books that reflect the diversity of the children we serve! These include board books, picture books, easy readers, transitional fiction, genre fiction for middle grades, graphic novels, poetry, nonfiction, and more! Hear about books that will be popular with a wide audience of children, and nonfiction and fiction pairings to recommend to teachers implementing the Common Core. Also, find out about books that fit the 2017 summer reading theme of building and popular makers’ spaces.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Learn about new children’s and tween books for various age ranges and reading levels, including very simple new books for those just learning to read.
- Celebrate new multicultural books to meet the needs of all children – diversity matters!
- Hear about new nonfiction and fiction pairings, perfect for the Common Core.
- Discover books that will grab the attention of reluctant readers, including the newest graphic novels for kids, popular series, and books that relate to the 2017 summer learning themes of “Build a Better World” and “Reading by Design.”
- Take away a list of helpful websites to use when doing readers’ advisory, and sites that will help you keep up-to-date on the latest children’s books.
This webinar will be of interest to: any library staff member or volunteer who serves children ages 0-12, in either public or school libraries.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.
Keywords: Children's services