You are here
The Art of Coding
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Sylvia Aguiñaga
Are you interested in offering a coding program, but not sure where to begin? Join us for this one-hour webinar that will cover how to facilitate a coding club or workshop in the context of art making. Presenter Sylvia Aguiñaga will explore fundamental coding concepts and how to apply them specifically to visual design. Not only is this is a great way to engage kids of all ages, it is also especially effective for motivating students to express themselves in a creative way while teaching critical coding & life skills. Additionally, because art making is such an impactful method of self-expression, it is especially effective in recruiting girls into the world of coding.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Explain what coding art means and why it’s important
- Use the resources provided to launch a coding club or an introductory workshop
- Apply teaching techniques that will help cultivate a safe and engaging learning environment
This webinar will be of interest to: librarians and library support staff in any type of library who work with tweens and teens.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Resources: Google Drive
- Chat [47kb]
Keywords: coding, teen programming