You are here
Communicating Through Infographics
An Infopeople Webinar
Presenter: Dawne Tortorella
- Have you noticed the growing trend of communicating through infographics?
- Do you wonder where the data comes from and how to verify information displayed in visual form?
- Would you rather read a 100 page report or look at a visual presentation that conveys the story in less than one minute?
- Would you like to tell a compelling story about your library through the medium of infographics?
Visual representation of information has existed for hundreds of years in various forms and formats. Infographics (information graphics) represent the latest visual form to gain popularity. Telling an effective story through infographics requires accurate data, compelling design, and visualization tools.
During this one-hour webinar, we will discuss and demonstrate:
- blogs and infographic search resources to find examples and track trends
- differences between infographics, poster art, and data visualization
- common data sources used in infographics (big data and local sources)
- suggest library-specific data and statistics appropriate for visual presentation
- visualization tools for experimentation
This webinar will be of interest to library staff at all levels and in all types of libraries who need to present information to customers, stakeholders, and management. Senior staff and directors responsible for board reporting are especially encouraged to attend.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar on the day of the event on the Adobe Connect server. If you pre-registered you can use your email address and password you created to speed up entry to the webinar. If you did not preregister and you login with in 30 minutes of the event you can enter as a guest without a password.
- Chat: pdf [59kb]