You are here
USA Learns Citizenship - A FREE Online Course
An Infopeople Hosted Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenters: Andrea Willis, Sacramento Office of Education and Katy Azevedo, Butte County Library
Are you looking for free online resources to teach U.S. Citizenship? Take a tour of the USA Learns Citizenship course (www.usalearns.org), which uses engaging multimedia to teach the English skills and information needed to pass ALL parts of the citizenship test: N-400 interview practice, civics, reading, writing, and speaking. You will also learn to create your own free online course based on USA Learns' content.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Learn ways that immigrants can study for their naturalization interview, independently or with help from library staff or tutor.
- Check out online lessons that prepare immigrants to answer questions related to their N-400 Application for Naturalization and questions related to U.S. civics.
- Become familiar with online activities that prepare immigrants for the English reading, writing and speaking aspects of the citizenship test.
- Get a peek at USA Learns' teacher side (usalearns.org/teacher), where you can easily create a course based on our content and monitor your learners' progress through the content.
- Start thinking about how to roll out the USA Learns Citizenship course at your library.
This webinar will be of interest to: All who want to help immigrants become U.S. citizens, especially library staff, managers, Literacy staff and managers, and volunteers.
Libraries Helping Immigrants - Series 2 Information
|Webinar 1: Wed, Feb 12, 2020 - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Center Resources: Informing and benefitting your community|
|Webinar 2: Wed, Mar 11, 2020 - USA Learns Citizenship - A FREE Online Course|
|Webinar 3: Wed, May 13, 2020 - Happening Now! Answers & Updates to Pressing Questions & Concerns about Public Charge, COVID-19 & Census Outreach for our Immigrant Communities|
|Webinar 4: Wed, Jun 24, 2020 - Don't Play It Safe: Library Services to Latinos & Spanish Speakers|
Libraries Helping Immigrants, Services for Immigrants: A Project to Train Library Staff to Utilize ESL and Immigration Resources is supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
- Speaker's slides
- Transcript (machine readable text file)