You are here
From Baby to Preschooler: Early Childhood Health Resources
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Kelli Ham
- Wouldn’t it be nice if babies came with a service manual for maintenance and troubleshooting?
- Do you feel confident recommending health or medical resources about this young age group?
- What are some of the most pressing questions you face in the library about young kids’ health issues?
- Are you interested in developing programs to draw in parents of babies and young kids, but need some ideas?
Parents and caregivers need current, relevant information to help with early childhood matters such as handling illnesses and injuries, developing healthy habits such as potty training, and providing a safe and nurturing environment for babies to grow into toddlers and beyond. Popular books, websites, and other resources offering opinions and advice are a dime a dozen, but which are accurate and authoritative? Knowing the answer to that question will make the library a trusted resource for help and accurate information.
Join us to get ideas for reaching out to parents of young kids and to learn about the best resources for answering health-related questions about newborns, toddlers, and preschoolers.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand the topics that concern parents and caregivers of young children
- Be able to match the user with appropriate, high-quality children’s health resources, based on user’s specific needs, characteristics, and circumstances
- Have ideas for new programs to engage kids, parents and caregivers
This webinar will be of interest to public library staff, including reference librarians or reference desk staff, adult services librarians, and staff from organizations that provide health information to consumers and members of the public.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
This webinar will be presented with Closed Captioning. On the day of the webinar you can see the closed captioning in the Adobe Connect caption pod.
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Chat: pdf [41kb]
Keywords: Children's services