You are here
George and Joan on Conflict Resolution Techniques
An Infopeople Webinar
Presenters: George Needham and Joan Frye Williams
There are many approaches to resolving conflicts. Some of these approaches are positive, resulting in an outcome that moves an idea or a project forward while protecting everyone’s self-respect. Others are destructive, leaving people emotionally battered and looking for a chance to get even. And then there's all that old tried and true approach: ignoring the conflict and hoping it will go away.
In this one-hour webinar, consultants Joan Frye Williams and George Needham will discuss:
- Solving disagreements before they escalate into conflict
- Recognizing when you have a conflict
- Identifying your personal conflict resolution style, and understanding the styles of others
- Picking your fights
- Understanding and ameliorating passive-aggressive behavior
With their characteristic humor and energy, Joan and George will present real world examples of ways to approach conflict honestly, to find common ground, and to come to a mutually agreeable outcome.
This webinar should be of interest to librarians, trustees, branch managers, grant writers, and any member of the library community who seeks to work with outside organizations.
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility