You are here
George and Joan on Conflict Resolution Techniques
An Infopeople Webinar
There are many approaches to resolving conflicts. Some of these approaches are positive, resulting in an outcome that moves an idea or a project forward while protecting everyone’s self-respect. Others are destructive, leaving people emotionally battered and looking for a chance to get even. And then there's all that old tried and true approach: ignoring the conflict and hoping it will go away.
In this one-hour webinar, consultants Joan Frye Williams and George Needham will discuss:
- Solving disagreements before they escalate into conflict
- Recognizing when you have a conflict
- Identifying your personal conflict resolution style, and understanding the styles of others
- Picking your fights
- Understanding and ameliorating passive-aggressive behavior
With their characteristic humor and energy, Joan and George will present real world examples of ways to approach conflict honestly, to find common ground, and to come to a mutually agreeable outcome.
This webinar should be of interest to librarians, trustees, branch managers, grant writers, and any member of the library community who seeks to work with outside organizations.
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility