You are here
Rainbow Family Connections: Embracing LGBTQ Families at Your Library
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Jamie Campbell Naidoo
- Does your library serve lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) families?
- Do you know how to design displays, programs, services, and collections inclusive of these Rainbow Families?
- How do you select high-quality children’s materials representing Rainbow Families?
- Where can you find information about successful children’s library programs that welcome Rainbow Families?
This webinar will help library staff establish a basis for understanding the informational and cultural needs of children and adults in Rainbow Families while exploring the best resources for collection development and program planning.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Indentify informational needs of children and adults in Rainbow Families
- Describe how to make the library welcoming for Rainbow Families
- Evaluate culturally appropriate materials representing Rainbow Families
- Plan programs and outreach services for Rainbow Families
- Locate high-quality children’s materials and professional resources related to Rainbow Families
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Rainbow Family Handout: pdf [157b]
Keywords: Children's services, Outreach, Young adult services