You are here
Veterans Connect @ the Library
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
PLEASE NOTE: This webinar is California-centric, although others may find it valuable.
- Are veterans (anyone who served in one of the 5 branches of the military) asking you questions you cannot answer? Worse yet, are they not asking you anything because they do not know about the service/benefits to which they are entitled?
- Do you know why should libraries serve veterans when there are other agencies that already do so?
- How can a public library establish services for veterans in a simple step by step way?
The California State Library has a statewide grant which is setting up Veterans Resource Centers in public libraries. The goals are to provide veteran benefits and local service information to veterans and family members and links to other organizations serving veterans, to increase veteran benefit claims and to increase the number of veterans registered with CalVet so that they stay informed about veterans. The grant program will expand in FY 14/15, and this webinar will explain how libraries can become involved in the grant and/or set up services for veterans on their own.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand why it is important for libraries to serve veterans and their families
- Know the top 4 needs of veterans
- Know where to find “library service” in a box for California Public Libraries and understand the 6 steps to providing services to veterans in a library.
- Understand how to get funding to setup a Veterans Resource Center Library or how to set one up on your own
This webinar will be of interest to public library staff who plan services and desk staff who work with veterans or intend to work with veterans.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.
Keywords: Veterans, Veterans Resource