You are here
California Public Library Survey 2016
A California State Library Webinar
This webinar will be presented on August 24 and 30, 2016
This webinar will be of interest to California Public Libraries only.
Presenters: Lisa Dale and Lindsay Thompson
Each year, public libraries gather and report their annual statistics to the state library via the Public Library Survey (PLS). This webinar is designed for those interested in better understanding the PLS and the new LibPAS data collection tool.
During this one-hour webinar, you will obtain an overview of California’s annual Public Library Survey. This year’s new data elements and other changes will be introduced, frequently misunderstood categories clarified, and your questions about the survey will be answered by California State Data Coordinator, Lisa Dale. Counting Opinions’ Lindsay Thompson will demonstrate the LibPAS data collection tool, beta tested by half of California’s public libraries in 2015. Lindsay will show you how to navigate the system, input and submit your data, and avoid common errors.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand the background and importance of the Public Library Survey
- Be familiar with changes to the 15/16 Public Library Survey
- Understand how to navigate the LibPAS data collection tool
- Know how to complete, print, save and submit the PLS
- Be ready to start reporting their 15/16 Public Library Statistics!
This webinar will be of interest to: anyone in California who participates in the data collection and reporting of their public library statistics.
Please Note: This webinar is repeated on 2 dates
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.
- 1516 Public Library Survey Updates: doc [49kb] - pdf [139kb]
- Counting Electronic Items for PLS: doc [75kb] - pdf [86kb]
- Chat: pdf [49kb]