You are here
Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) in the Library
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Tonya Kennon
Do you want to involve your community in shaping library services? Would you like to learn more about planning programs and services based on the strengths in your community? Are you seeking practical tools and processes to invite community members to become regular partners? Community engagement requires an organizational culture that embraces two key things: an asset-based model over a needs-based model, and the belief that the community has as much, if not more, to offer than library professionals. Join presenter Tonya Kennon as she discusses the essence of Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) as well as real life examples of how it can work in a library.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be familiar with the principles and five key assets of ABCD.
- Be able to identify the advantages of mapping community assets as opposed to documenting community needs.
- Be able to define the public library’s role as a unique community bumping place.
- Be able to identify at least three tools for community engagement.
This webinar will be of interest to: Library staff at all levels and of all types desiring to engage their community and shape services and programs alongside them.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Community engagement, Outreach, Partnerships