You are here
Youth Development in Action
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Patty Wong
- Do your staff ever roll their eyes whenever young people come into the building?
- How do we enable our library institutions to move from the mindset of serving youth to that of working with youth?
Take a journey with Yolo County Librarian Patty Wong as she shares her work with staff in three institutions using youth development as a model. Learn how groups have transformed themselves into organizations that consider safety, support and opportunities for youth and also include youth voice in their service development.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand the framework of youth development as a strategic and strengths-based set of actions to provide positive opportunities for youth to develop and enhance their interests, skills and abilities
- Learn how libraries have incorporated youth development in their operations at high levels and low levels
- Identify other youth development organizations as potential partners
This webinar will be of interest to library staff working with teens and interesting in partnering with other local agencies.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Outreach, Teen services