You are here
Promoting Creativity in Childhood - Moving from Why? to How?
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Erica Fortescue
Looking for ways to incorporate creative learning into the programming at your library?
Erica Fortescue, Associate Director of the Center for Childhood Creativity, will present the case for creativity and innovation as core skills for future success. She will share highlights from the newest research on creative thinking from a variety of fields including neuroscience, psychology, sociology, and education.
This webinar will also show how these techniques prepare young readers for the new Common Core standards.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Have a new collection of activities and resources to use in designing creative library programs
- Learn to support kids’ creative development by being: child-directed, risk-friendly, emotionally attuned, active, time-flexible, and exploratory
- Be able to meaningfully connect their practices to relevant research findings
This webinar is meant for library educators, and other library staff who offer services to children, seeking practical tips for promoting the next generation of creative innovators.
Participants are also encouraged to read the newest white paper from the Center for Childhood Creativity.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Chat: pdf[46kb]
- 7 Components: pdf [1.4mb]
- A-maze-ing Design: pdf [342kb]
- Animal Remix: pdf [580kb]
- C3REATE Framework: pdf [55kb]
- Finish the Drawing: pdf [212kb]
- Ice Exploration: pdf [308kb]
Keywords: Children's services, Early literacy