You are here
Developmentally Appropriate Programming for Babies & Toddlers
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Are you a preschool programming rockstar who'd like to build a stronger foundation serving ages 0-2? Do you have lingering questions about what's best for children at this age? Then join us for this one-hour webinar as presenters Brooke Newberry and Amy Koester discuss the developmental milestones as well as optimal space, format, content and staffing for library programming aimed at babies, infants and toddlers. Programming for this age is a cornerstone of public library service, and the best such programs take into account the developmental needs and supports that very young children require to thrive.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be familiar with developmental milestones for children 0-35 months
- Understand ways in which a program's space, format, content, and staffing contribute to its developmental appropriateness.
- Be able to share developmentally appropriate parent/caregiver messages in infant, baby, and toddler programs
- Be familiar with resources for ideas and best practices in serving children 0-35 months.
This webinar will be of interest to: public library staff serving youth
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Chat: pdf [139kb]
Keywords: Children's services, Programming, Storytimes