You are here
Emerging Tech Trends in Libraries – Part 7
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Laura Solomon
With so much new technology coming at us so fast, it can be difficult to keep up. As part of the Emerging Tech Trends series, presenter Laura Solomon continues the exploration into emerging technology trends, and how these trends might (or might not) re-shape library services.
Topics for this part 7 webinar include:
- How Artificial Intelligence continues to surprise us (corporate audits, corporate directors, Pinterest, humanitarian use, legal and health care, predicting what you’ll buy)
- Shopping trends (omni and multi-channel shopping, even more mobile, uber-ization of deliveries, goodbye wallets)
- Live game streaming, video is the new blogging, sensors, data storage gets really, really cheap, 3D printing is exploding
Remember, we can't track everything, but we can pick out some patterns in what's currently happening around us.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be familiar with 2 or more emerging technology trends in 3 different categories
- Be aware of how some emerging technologies may affect libraries
- Learn some specific areas of emerging technology that libraries should likely focus their efforts on
This webinar will be of interest to: Staff in all types of libraries interested in emerging technology trends and how they might affect libraries and/or their patrons.
Emerging Tech Trends in Libraries - Series Infomation
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility