You are here
Emerging Tech Trends in Libraries – Part 5
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Laura Solomon
Like most of us, who pay even a little attention to recent developments in technology, you're likely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information and progress. With so much coming at us so fast, keeping up is difficult. Should we even pay attention to some technologies?
As part of the continuing Emerging Tech Trends series, presenter Laura Solomon takes a look at: augmented reality, evolving social media, and chatbots. She will discuss what these technologies might mean (or not) for libraries. We can't track everything, but we can pick out some patterns in what's happening around us.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be familiar with 3 or more emerging technology trends in 4 different categories.
- Be aware of how some emerging technologies may affect libraries
- Learn some specific areas of emerging technology that libraries should likely focus their efforts on
This webinar will be of interest to: Staff in all types of libraries interested in emerging technology trends and how they might affect libraries and/or their patrons.
Emerging Tech Trends in Libraries - Series Infomation
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Chat: pdf [47kb]